Founded in 1977, Printed Circuits has since established a reputation as a premier rigid flex printed circuit board (PCB) manufacturer. With over 40 years of experience designing and constructing rigid flex PCBs, we are well-equipped with the knowledge and expertise to fabricate the right electric packaging for customers’ unique needs.
Our numerous industry certifications—including ISO 9001:2015, the military performance specification MIL-PRF-31032, and UL 94 V-0—are evidence of the reliability and durability of Printed Circuits’ PCB solutions, particularly for mission-critical applications, such as those found in the aerospace, medical, and military industries. Regardless of the complexity of the PCB challenge, our team is ready and willing to work with you to achieve a solution that ensures you will remain competitive in today’s electronic marketplace.
Printed Circuits’ Industries Served
Compared to other PCBs, rigid flex printed circuit boards offer a unique combination of rigidity and flexibility that makes them suitable for applications that require smaller, thinner, and lighter construction without sacrificing performance. These qualities are becoming increasingly important for applications that require greater functionality in a smaller place..
At Printed Circuits, the main industries we serve are:
- Aerospace: In the aerospace industry, the growing demand for greater fuel efficiency drives the need for smaller and lighter packaging. However, at the same time, the PCBs must be able to withstand the extreme environmental and operating conditions characteristic of aerospace applications (e.g., high shock and high vibration environments). Rigid flex PCBs offer both lightweight and durable circuit solutions.
- Industrial/Commercial: The evolution of industrial and commercial technology has led many manufacturers to used rigid flex PCBs to achieve more efficient, reliable electronics. They are used in a variety of devices, equipment, and systems as a no-fail circuit solution, including wearable electronics, robotics, ruggedized computers, unmanned vehicles, and camera systems.
- Military: In military and defense applications, rigid flex circuits accommodate the need for integrated electronic connections that are suitable for use in high-shock and extended-vibration environments. In recent years, they have been integrated into advanced technologies such as unmanned vehicles, targeting and guidance systems, robotics, and weapons systems.
- Medical: Miniaturized medical devices are the future. By using rigid flex PCBs, medical device manufacturers can create more powerful—but compact—electronics that are durable and reliable at the same time.
Visit Our Available Resources
The Printed Circuits website offers a variety of resources that give a better understanding of who we are and what we do, and provide you with helpful tools to make your design a success
For information about our general printed circuit board capabilities, check out the following resources:
- Equipment & Capabilities: This page provides an overview of our portfolio of advanced PCB manufacturing equipment and their specifications.
- Certifications: This page lists our various industry certifications and accreditations. Check out this resource regarding UL 94 V-0 and why Printed Circuits has invested in the most extensive qualifications of rigid flex construction, to reduce your time and cost to market.
- eBooks & Brochures: This page features our collection of eBooks and brochures. These resources are free and downloadable, and they offer a comprehensive overview of our products and services.
For information about rigid flex PCBs, check out the following resources:
- Why Rigid Flex PCBs?: This page gives an overview of the rigid flex PCBs, including what they are, what types are available, what advantages they offer, and which industries they commonly find application.
- Rigid Flex Design Guidelines: This page offers a detailed explanation of the key considerations to keep in mind when designing your rigid flex PCB.
- Rigid Flex FAQ: This page provides answers to some of the most common questions regarding rigid flex PCBs.
Why Partner With Printed Circuits?
At Printed Circuits, we fabricate high-quality rigid flex PCBs for customers across a broad range of industries. By partnering with us for your PCB needs, you will benefit from our:
- Extensive manufacturing experience. Our over 40 years of experience designing and manufacturing rigid flex PCBs enables us to produce PCB solutions exactly as you require them, meeting even the tightest specifications – most of what we build is to IPC 6013 Class III.
- Broad industry experience. In combination with our overall extensive experience, we have an in-depth understanding of what customers in each of our industries, are looking for, allowing us to create an appropriate PCB solution for virtually any mission-critical application.
- Commitment to quality. Our team is fully dedicated to ensuring each rigid flex PCB we manufacture meets or exceeds high quality standards. Additionally, we rigorously maintain our certifications and accreditations so our customers can count on our work.
- Large manufacturing space. Our 55,000 square foot facility is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in the heart of one of the largest concentrations of flexible circuit manufacturing in the world. Our easy access to circuit materials, technology, and expertise allows us to produce superior products for our customers and in a timely manner.
For additional information about our rigid flex PCB solutions, contact our team of experts today.